In the present global scenario, stringent requirements on product performance have led to an unprecedented emphasis on new steel compositions and technological innovations leading to efficiency, affordability and environment friendliness. The issues related to process and microstructural designs of new generation steels have witnessed major research and development priorities world over, envisaging several new application avenues in various fields including automotive, line pipes, earthquake resistant structures, electrical steels etc. The thermo-mechanical processing and treatment play a pivotal role in the design and development of high performance steels. Therefore, physical process simulation becomes a necessary tool for better microstructural understanding and useful predictions of ensuing process-structure-properties correlations. This forthcoming conference, therefore, will provide a common platform for academia, R & D institutions and industrial establishments to share new findings and update the current knowledge/understanding in the field of thermo-mechanical processing and simulation.
Gleeble Users Forum India (GUFI)
· A platform for interacting with the Gleeble users community within India and other parts of the world.
· To focus primarily on the ways in which people learn to perceive and put to use the concept of Physical Simulation with the Gleeble systems, and to address both theoretical and practical issues.
· Practicing scholars and users in the field can share their research findings, and participant can have opportunity to engage in discussions about past, current, and future research directions.
· The workshop serves as a gathering of researchers, practitioners, users and manufacturer whose work covers research or studies carried out in the field of thermo-mechanical simulation on a Gleeble system.
Objectives of GUFI
· To bring together the national experts, academia, R & D establishments, industries and students on a common platform for learning, sharing and updating the latest developments in the area of thermo-mechanical processing of steels.
· To provide a platform for Gleeble users in India to discuss the Gleeble related applications, operations and maintenance issues.
Scope of Conference
· Rolling and forging simulation
· Continuous slab and strip casting
· Strip annealing
· HAZ simulation
· Large deformation processing
· Powder sintering and dissimilar metal joining
· Novel issues in phase transformation
· Recrystallization kinetics
· Mathematical modeling and simulation
· New applications and innovations in Gleeble use
Principles of GUFI
Relationships between officials, researchers and participants should enable reciprocal, balanced exchanges of knowledge, resources and time that recognise the value of diverse contributions in a respectful and appropriate manner.
Framework of GUFI
· To further mutual learning of members, by case study examples of implementations and discussions of key issues.
· To discuss, share and contribute to the enhancement better & efficient utilization of Gleeble equipment.
· To include review of broader technology and research issues that have a direct bearing on Gleeble users while respecting the intellectual property restrictions of individual organization.
· To assist in round robin investigations and identify facility for member program.
· Provide a continuous feedback to the manufacturer for improvements and for new developments.
· Presentations and speakers will be from GUFI members and manufacturer as a rule, although other complimentary products may also be discussed for the benefit of the members
The elected committee will be effective for a period of one year and the new committee will be formed during the annual GUFI AGM cum Workshop. Some of the members may continue during the subsequent years upon their selection. All the post will be Honorary in nature and no remuneration will be paid for any job.
The committee will be responsible for organizing the Annual GUFI Workshop under the leadership of the incumbent president. The expenditure for this event will be met through advertisement and sponsors whose details will be put on the GUFI website and the GUFI Workshop Proceedings.